Sunday, December 16, 2007

Freedom:Trip to Taiwan(iv)

Freedom:Trip to Taiwan(iv)

After breakfast I finally discovered the first pc I can use in Taiwan.Quickly checked my mail,friendster and blog before everyone finish their breakfast.Was hooked up on the pc for less than 30 minutes and even appreciate the time using the pc till the last minute we need to check out.Watched a movie bout Mahjongs starred by Andy Lau,Louis Koo and a few more which I've forgotten their names on our way to the next destination as it was quite far from the hotel.


The first destination we were heading to was the Earthquake Museum(雾峰地震博物馆).It's a place where they keep it to let the younger generation to see how serious the 921 earthquake has brought to the people and places there.The museum was a primary school.Luckily the earthquake happened 1 something in the midnight so not many students were affected.But anyways,the 921 earthquake was a 7.3 degree earthquake so quite a lot of people died in the tragedy.The 921 earthquake was named after the date of the tragedy which is 21.09.1999.

How the school look like after the earthquake

I saw this cute thinggy and played with it.

Then we visited Sun Moon Lake(日月潭)which is the largest lake in Taiwan.There's an island called 'Guang Hua Island" in the middle of the lake.Northern part of the island,looks like a sun,southern part looks like a moon that's why they name it Sun Moon Lake.

Sun Moon Lake

Visited the Wen Wu Temple(文武庙).Erm,nothing much I can say bout temple as I considered myself as free-tinkle but kind of sensitive towards the stick they burn.No offense bout religion stuff.I just wandered around and took some photos when the guide was explaining some stuff that I don't understand most of them.I din't join the worship.I was just taking photos and wandering around.Oh yea,I remembered something the guide said.She said there's a statue of Confucius for them to worship while the other temples only have the drew figure of Confucius.

The temple

p/s:I'm sorry if you don't get what I'm trying to write because myself also don't understand what am I writing.

Then were brought to the Peacock Garden.Hmm,saw peacock opened the feathers for the first time in my life but it was too far apart to take a photo.Afterwards,we were brought to a kind-of-like-a-village-place and into a shop.Saw the people there wearing like 'la-kia' in our place.It's a shop that sell medicine(?) and the spokesperson which is a lady speaks in a very funny way and made us laughed like mad.She told us some of their 'la-kia' language are similar to our BM.Quite true,like hidung,mata,terima kasih etc. just that there's slightly different in the pronounciation.

Yikes!They killed deers and get their horns to make medicine!

No one bought anything as it was real expensive.I don't know anything bout the price as I was busy laughing and talking to Flolina.Haha!After came out from the shop,saw a church.First church I saw in Taiwan.

The first church I've ever seen in Taiwan

Then,head back to a restaurant at the Wen Wu Temple area for lunch.Then I realised we were actually riding around the lake.Bought a real cute ice-cream after lunch.Most of us on the bus were liking the ice cream.

Cute isn't it?I had choco flavourite one=)

The distance from there to our next destination which is Tongpu is quite far so we watched movie on the bus.We watched a movie named 跟踪.Not a really nice one but still OK.

Upon arrival,check in to Tilun Tonpu Hot Spring Resort.Yeap,HOT SPRING.You don't have to go to the pool where alot of people are bathing with you.You can just lye in your bathtub and the water coming out from the pipe is already groundwater(hot spring).Cool right?

View of Tonpu

That night after dinner in the hotel I was really bored to death as Tonpu is a small village with only some shops around the street.I played snooker in the basement room where they have pubs,arcade and gymnasium provided.But the basement only operates until 2300 so I went back to my room earlier and catched up Hebe's latest drama series anmed 'Dou Niu Yao Bu Yao'.

Nothing much to do that night,just watch TV programmes until 2 in the morning and go to bed.

No comments: